Should I do full body or split routine
Posted by Enrico
I have some questions:
The best routine is fullbody or split?
1-3 execises for each muscle group? 3-5 set or less?
Train to failure is necessary or not?
Re: Should I do full body or split routine
Posted by Leo
There are advantages to both types of workouts. Which one is the most appropriate depends on your situation. It is important to know the following:
1. whether you have weight trained before and if so, for how long;
2. your body type, i.e., whether you are ectomorph, mesomorph or endomorph. For an example there are those who are considered "hardgainers", who have a high metabolism and often have trouble gaining weight and muscle size. Still there are those who have a medium to high metabolism and tend to experience quicker muscle growth.
3. whether you are more than 10-15 pounds overweight;
4. your weight training goals. whether you are involved in any other type of fitness activities;
5. how many days a week you are able to train and for how long;
6. whether you have any underlying health issues or injuries, etc.;
7. whether you train at home or at the gym;
8. your diet and lifestyle.
These are but a few of the issues that need to be addressed before designing an appropriate workout program. I recommend that you consult with a certified fitness trainer who will be able to review these matters with you in detail. Learning how to perform the exercises using the proper technique and form is crucial to your success. To receive maximum results, the order in which you perform the exercises is also important. It would be worthwhile to obtain a muscle chart and familiarize yourself with the different muscle groups if you have not already done so.
If you are a beginner, it's important to builda foundation in order to develop your strength, power and endurance. It also important to begin with a full body workout program to build the foundation while remaining on that program for a minimum of four to six months.