Bodybuilding Contest Training
FREE Natural Bodybuilding Program
Learn The Real Secrets to Building
Jaw Droping Muscle Size and Definition!
Enter your first name and a valid email address
for free instant access to the natural muscle building workout program.
Training For the Mr. ISU
Article care of http://nps.ticz.com
By John Harrison
Mr. Indiana State University, John
Harrison, recently compiled the training program he followed in order to
build the muscle necessary to win the title. One of the most asked questions
I encounter is about training routines and splits. I thought readers
would appreciate seeing how this champ does it.
Monday: Triceps and Biceps
- Straight Bar Curls: 1 warmup set 16 reps,
3 sets 8-10 reps.
- Tricep Pressdowns (Cable): same as above on
sets and reps.
- Hammer Curls: 4 sets of 6-8 reps.
- Standing Dumbell Tricep Extensions: 4 sets
of 8-10 reps.
- Dumbell Preacher Curls: 3 sets 16 reps.
- Skull Crushers: 3 sets 16 reps.
Tuesday: Shoulders and
- Seated Military Press: 1 warmup set 12-16
reps, 3 sets of 8-10 reps.
- Barbell Shrugs: 1 warmup set 25-30 reps, 3
sets of 12-20 reps.
- Seated Dumbell Press: 4 sets of 8-10 reps.
- Dumbell Shrugs: 4 sets of 12-20 reps.
- Dumbell Raises: 3 sets of 8 to front, rear,
and sides making one giant set of 24 reps.
- Shrugs Standing on Machine Military Press:
3-4 sets of 12-20 reps.
- Squats: 1 warmup set of 16 reps, 3 sets of
- Hack Squats: 4 sets of 10-12 reps.
- Leg Extensions: 1 warmup of 16 reps, 3 sets
of 8-12 reps.
- Leg Curls: 1 warmup of 16 reps, 3 sets of
- Lunges: 4 sets of 20 reps.
- Stiff-Legged Deadlifts: 4 sets of 8-10 reps.
- Pullups: Body weight only, 4 sets of 20, 16,
- Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns to Rear: 1 warmup
of 16 reps, 3 sets 8-12 reps.
- Close Grip Pulldowns to Front: 3 sets of 8-12
- Bent Over Rows: 3 sets of 8-10 reps.
- Seated Cable Rows: 3-4 sets of 8-10 reps.
- Straight Arm Pulldowns: 3-4 sets of 10-12
- Bench Press: 1 warmup set of 16 reps, 4 sets
pyramiding 10, 8, 6, 8.
- Dumbell Bench Press: 4 sets pyramiding, 10,
8, 6, 8.
- Incline Bench Press: 4 sets 8-10 reps.
- Pec Deck: 4 sets of 8-12 reps.
- Dumbell Pullovers: 4 sets of 10-12 reps.
- Pushups with body weight 3 sets to failure.
Abdominals and calves are trained instinctively
twice per week. Some workouts they will be done on a high set/high rep
scheme, and other times on a low set/low rep scheme. It just depends on
how I feel that day.
Cardio work was done twice a day on Monday,
Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. A 45 minute session was done in the morning
and 30 minutes at night.
Saturday and Sunday were
Click Here For Your Free Natural Bodybuilding Magazine
© 2000-2016 Natural Bodybuiding